April 7th, 2008-7:34 pm by sub2change
Elliot tagged me with a meme. I like the concept, so I’ll play. But, I’m not tagging anyone else. I’m just not in the mood. Any volunteers?
1. Write your own six word memoir.
Where the hell am I now?
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you want.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.
See #4 above.
Posted in meme | No Comments »
July 27th, 2007-9:57 pm by sub2change
Thanks a lot, Dean.
Eight Random Facts About Myself
Numbered in octal, because nobody else has done it yet.
1. I own every episode of Red Dwarf. Seasons 1 through 4 on DVD. I actually watch them.
2. I actually enjoy my job, very much. I can’t say I’ve ever had one I hated.
3. I was second in line to be Dennis York. Christian drew the short straw.
4. I once took the time to learn the alphabet backwards. I remember where I was when I did it, and it stuck with me so firmly that I can do it while very drunk.
5. I’ve never been required to recite the alphabet backwards while drunk, or sober for that matter.
6. I have a massive collection of Shadowrun RPG manuals. I see that I’m a bit out of touch, because they’re on release 4 now. There also appears to be a computer game in the works.
7. I’ve been arrested once, by campus police at UWM. They finger printed me and took my mug shot. Then, they had to let me go because my story checked out.
10. I was laid off on September 11, 2002. A year and a few weeks later, I was laid off again. Both times I took a friend of mine out to Outback Steakhouse to celebrate.
11. Update - Since #3 is an obvious exaggeration, I thought of this: I type with one hand, and only use three fingers at most. I can type at a fairly good pace this way, too. I need to look at the keyboard.
The following suckas are tagged: Charlie Sykes, Jeff Wagner, James T. Harris, Dan Deibert, Nicole Devin, Keith Conrad, Mark Belling.
Posted in blog buddies, meme | 8 Comments »
May 18th, 2007-8:10 pm by sub2change
I’m only doing this for Caltechgirl because she’s so nice to me.
Pick out ten favorite movies, then look them up at IMDb. In the overview at the top of each movie’s page, there are “Plot Keywords,” usually five of them. (Plus more, if you click the link.) Take the first five, and post them. Then the rest of us get to play movie buff and see if we can guess them.
I hardly have ten favorite movies, but I’ll give it a shot.
- Bizarre / Steampunk / Good Versus Evil / H.P. Lovecraft / Avant Garde (I haven’t got the foggiest idea where those came from)
- Dream Sequence / Stocks / Beatnik / Bus / Fall From Height (Bus?)
- Spoof / Cult Favorite / Television / Alien / Broken Camera
- Pardon / Tennessee Valley Authority / Farm / Railroad Hand Car / Whipping (I might’ve actually been able to guess this one)
- Prophecy / Mentor / No Opening Credits / Spoon / 555 Phone Number (There is no spoon…)
- Convenience Store Clerk / Underage Smoking / Disrespect / Anti Social / Spit In The Face (Easy!)
- Kidnapping / 1990s / Alternative Reality / Survival Horror / Autistic Savant
- Bank Robbery / Bored Housewife / Car Accident / Chase / Disguise (Sounds like fun, doesn’t it?)
- Bathrobe / Himalayas / Everyman / Uluru / Spaceship
- Battle / Princess / Alien Technology / Alien Attack / Space War (You’re wrong.)
Posted in meme | 2 Comments »